Instagram Follow @_fia93

Friday 14 June 2013

Dangers of the sun!

*WARNING!  THIS POST CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES*

Hey guys!
So I know that I promised a swatch post the other day, but then I fell violently ill with Sun Poisoning.  Why?  Simple.
I lay in the sun without any sun cream on =|.

I've suffered through the usual sun burn and now it's finally subsiding.
But wait.  There's more.

On Tuesday at around 12 noon, I discovered a small blister on my left leg:
As I have had this type of reaction to the sun before, I thought nothing of it and assumed it would do no harm.

Well, I was VERY wrong.  After a mere two hours, my leg looked like this:

Now surely you'd think this couldn't get any worse?  Well you'd be mistaken.
YUCK!

I left seeking medical attention until 10.30pm that night as I was home babysitting and had no money or means of transport to A&E.

I couldn't walk as my ankle had filled with fluid, and I was using a crutch to get around when I needed to.  It was so sore and awful.  I could feel the fluid jiggling around under the blister.

My parents arrived home just after 10pm to find my leg looking like this:

My dad immediately phoned the out of hours doctor first, but they refused to treat me.  I then was rushed to A&E, where I spent 4 hours just for them to wrap a bandage around my leg.

It was the worst experience I've ever had with my local emergency room, even worse than my drunken escapades on my 18th.

After a somewhat restless nights sleep, I went to my local treatment room on Wednesday morning and they properly bandaged my blister.  Thankfully, they are good at what they do.

I now have to go back every two days to have my burns re-dressed.  The improvement is outstanding.

Getting Better!

Hopefully this will heal up soon, and then maybe my ankle will also heal too!

I made this post to share with you all what happens when you don't wear sun cream.  It was 23℃ when I sat in the sun and there was a breeze.  I assumed I'd be fine, but I was wrong.

I've learned from my mistake, I hope that this may prevent anyone else from making the same mistake I did.
Until next time...♡  

No comments:

Post a Comment